04 Feb Fitness Goals: Increasing Size/Muscle Mass
Posted at 00:00h in Uncategorized
We all come to the gym with different goals, funnily enough these can often change once we commence a new journey but there are a few which remain common. Over the next few blogs we will look at how to achieve different goals, today focusing on increasing overall size/muscle mass:
- Increase your overall caloric intake: you can do this by keeping fat levels moderate or similar to what they are now, increasing your carbohydrate intake throughout the day as well as post training, as well as slightly increasing your protein intake. The most important macro nutrient to focus on for you is carbohydrate.
- Carbohydrate intake: You can increase your carbohydrates the natural way through baking loads of sweet potato and SOME grains. When consuming grains or extra carbohydrates stay away from foods that contain gluten. That is why we suggest sweet potato and the best choice of grain would be white rice. If you are really struggling to get the calories in then high carbohydrate protein shakes/supplements are a good option – please talk to us about this first so we can point you in the right direction. Evolve Anabolic Injection is a good post workout option for this goal.
- General training: Lift heavy weights often, remember do not drastically increase the amount of training you are doing from the start if you sustain and overuse injury you will not be training at all. DON’T BE SILLY. The majority of your cardio training should be short, sharp, sprint intervals much like our normal classes. After a class there is no harm in adding supplementary exercises, post training such as glute ham raises , bicep curls, band tricep push downs, some push ups and sit ups.
- Post Training Meal: Your first meal post training is one of the most important and a time where you should rush in as much carbohydrate and protein as you can from your daily allowance without being ridiculous. After intense exercise you have a window of less than an hour where your muscles will suck up whatever you put in, this is the best time to have supplements such as Anabolic Injection, creatine, and branch chain amino acids. If you are unsure how to cycle these please speak to us.
- Sleep Quality: To promote muscle growth and to keep the body functioning optimally and feeling great we also need to ensure high quality sleep. Invest in a good magnesium supplement to aid this process.